Monday, October 30, 2006

Painting slump


I'm in a painting slump, and during times like this I try to go back through my files and look at what I've painted and sold previously. The painting above was the first seascape that I sold on eBay. I was shocked at how well it did for only being about 9 in x 12 in. This painting propelled me to continue painting and listing things on eBay.

After looking through my paintings, I've decided to start on another series of parrots. The seascapes have done well for me in the past, but I am at a point where I need to improve my skills in depicting water, waves, etc. This means more online research ... and an extra excuse to surf online is always a good thing! So, while I research seascapes I will start working on my next series of parrot watercolors. I have plenty of reference photo's to use, and I'm excited about doing this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great seascape. Love the posts and grasses...everything!