Friday, January 26, 2007

Cut, Cut, Cut!

Quilting is funny. You sew and sew and sew strips of fabric together. Then you make sure you press the seams really well. Then ... you cut cut cut it apart! :)

I have cut my strips into 2 1/2 inch segments, and now I'm sewing two of those segments back together to form a square. But I have to sew 438 of them together!!! Good thing I learned about chain sewing, and i'm conserving thread and time.

Havent had a chance to paint lately. Although I do have a nice pile of tomatoes sketched out for watercolor.

It's been hard to do all the things I want to do..... I've started doing jewelry too. I should really dedicate one day for a project. One for jewelry making. One for quilting. One for sewing. One for scrapbooking. And ... I want to crosstitch again .. so there's one for another day!

With all those day's fully scheduled... when is there time for housework and cooking and doing a "real" job?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice schedule you've thought up. Only problem would be that on the day I paint I would want to quilt...ect.

Mayapple