Friday, June 13, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I have to confess. It was late one night after work ... and I indulged in a guilty pleasure.

I was driving along on a dark, empty road. My feet were sore, and stinky. My legs hurt from standing for 5 hours. I had forgotten to pee for my entire 5 hour shift, so I was uncomfy to say the least.

Then it happened.

Vanilla Ice came on the radio. And all of the sudden I was transformed! For a few minutes, my windows slid on down ... the radio cranked up loud ... and I was singing along with Ice Ice Baby at the top of my lungs..... hair flying around my face, hands thumping on the steering wheel. Ahhhh..sweet guilty pleasure of mine! I felt like I was 17 and heading home from my after-school job at the Sears Service Center. Young, dumb and none-the wiser.

Then the song was over. And something I had never heard came on, and the moment was gone.

But for a few minutes, my feet didn't stink, my legs didn't hurt, my flabby leftover baby belly was gone, no varicose veins covered my legs ... I was tan, young and didnt know what 34 year old's body ache's felt like.

Ahh, life is good.

I'm looking forward to coming home one night and hearing "She's My Cherry Pie" on the radio. I'll rock out to that by myself too.

:)

No comments: