Saturday, December 20, 2008

Apple Seed


A few weeks ago, Happy and I were eating a Gala apple. When I was cutting it, a small seed fell out. Happy asked what it was. And being the eternal teacher that I am .... told him all about how it is a seed and it could grow into an apple tree. Well, Happy wanted to plant it and see. So I put the seed in between a few layers of moist paper towel, put that into a sandwich baggie and plopped it up on our kitchen window sill. After a week, I looked in there ...and lo and behold... it had rooted!
So then we planted it in a little pot ... and look what's happened in a week! We officially have an apple tree seedling! Happy looks at it each day and says "Look at my Mapple Tree!!!" (i dont know why he puts an m at the front of apple .. but its darn cute and I never correct him!).
I'll try and keep posting pictures of the seedlings and hope it keeps growing!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Okay, this is the sweetest thing. I love the mapple tree seedling! I love more that he is so curious. I think Elijah and I need to plant a mapple tree too..
love you guys!