Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yikes!

Wow, summer is busy and I never blog! Who would have thought that I'd be too busy to write/talk!! ha!


We got a pop up camper at the beginning of summer. We've taken it out on one trip, and then summer got HOT and we just dont enjoy camping in 100 degree weather! So we're planning and anticipating camping a lot in early fall through about November! We love the camper, it's a Starcraft 2108 ... with an air conditioner, bathroom, shower, sink, small refrigerator, and small stove. It's got all that we need! It doesnt have a lot of floor space, but that's okay with just the 3 of us!


I have lots of goals for the summer.


1. I finally worked out how to free motion quilt on my old Singer sewing machine. Having the embrodery or darning foot made all the difference! Now I dont get a nasty mess of thread underneath my quilt sandwich. So I plan on practicing and practicing and practicing free motion quilting so that I can do full size quilts at home!


2. Working on a bed quilt for Happy. I'm using lots of blues, reds, greens, yellows... and also using some of his 100% cotton shirts/shorts. some of them I could cut out the perfect size piece with a shirt pocket in the middle! It will be SO dadgum cute when it's all together. I'm doing Vestibule pattern ... stars for the little star in my life!


3. Quilt the Polka Squares Quilt.


4. Continue to lose weight. I lost about 50 pounds over the past 3 years, but lately I've slacked off and stayed at the same weight. I'm ready to put myself back into gear and lose the next 50! I've gone from wearing 3x shirts to a 1X, and I've recently bought a pair of pants in the regular size department instead of plus size! Wahhooo... now to get down to a nice small, REGULAR size!

Here's some pictures of my sewing room ...
Cutting board, and stacks of white squares for Happy's Quilt.


My sewing table ... complete with a mess!




No comments: