Saturday, August 23, 2008

A few of my favorite things ...

This evening we visited my parents. They have a beautiful house on the River. My Mom, my nephew, Happy and Me decided to take the fourwheelers and drive down to the river and walk around on the sandbar. It's one of my favorite things/places. Especially at dusk in the summer!

The boys immediately started skipping flat rocks across the water. Happy didnt really have the hang of it, but the boy sure did some rock throwing! My nephew was great at skipping rocks ... he got 9 skips out of one rock one time! He was tickled and we all whooped and hollared and giggled about it.


It started to get dark while we were there playing. I loved the sunset over the water, and the humidity hanging in the air was like a comforting blanket to me. The sounds of dry bugs and frogs started filling the evening air and it was All Good.


I love Summer in the South. I love my family. And I love the freedom that we have to be able to enjoy this wonderful place we live.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, I love the south too!!
Beautiful sunset too!
Mom