Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm starting PreSchool!

Happy and I are starting Preschool together. I may be 34 and he may be 2, but this is perfect timing! I start teaching at a new Christian preschool on Wednesday. Happy starts at this school on Monday. Does anyone want to take bets on when we both get sick first? This weekend perhaps??

Unfortunately I'll be working my retail management night/weekend job until the end of next week. So for two weeks I'll be working 40-60 hours a week. Does anyone want to take bets on when I'll break down into tears from being tired? This weekend perhaps???

I'm excited to be teaching 2 year olds. And I'm excited that Happy will be in the other 2 year old class across the hall from me. I love that I can get a 30 min break during the day and can spend that time with him if I want/need to.

Its been a long time since I've taught. And I've never actually taught children this young, aside from my own. I'm really looking forward to having my work day end at 3:30/4:00. I'm looking forward to the fullfillment of working with children. I hope that I make the parents happy.

I've been scouring the internet looking for free preschool lessons, songs, activities, etc. My arsenal of activities are all for older kids. And I'm awful at remembering little fun songs for kids! I've got my work cut out for me for the next month or so until I get into the groove.

Until then, the kids may hear some made up songs for a while!

We visited the class today (Happy and I). I was anxious to see how he would handle all the kids and noise, since he's usually always with me or my parents. And I'm so pleased that he loved it and was so good! He even had a collision with one of the rougher boys, and he just looked at that kid like he was nuts .... and walked away from him. I sighed a little breath of relief! But by the time it was lunch time, Happy came over to me and said "Mommy .. let's get out of here and go to Sonic!!!" and you know what I said .. "Okay!! Let's get out of here!" hahahah.. I couldnt help it! We didnt need to stay any longer for our visit today anyway. :)

Wish me and Happy good luck!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I know you are going to be fabulous! You are one of the most creative and loving people I know -everything that I would want for a preschool teacher! That mixed in with just the right amount of insanity - and you will be PERFECT!!! I bet Happy will enjoy it too...
Love ya!