Monday, November 12, 2007

Living life

It's been a while since I updated my blog. Just been busy living life..working three jobs (two from home and one 4 nights/week at a retail store) and volunteering for the American Cancer Society.

Here's a few things I've learned lately:

1. The difference between me and girls in their early 20's is only skin deep.... you see.... the tops of my feet are hairy and theirs are smooth. I dont know if I'm so old that I grow hair where I never did before ... or if I'm just so old I dont care if there's hair on my feet!! Needless to say, after I noticed that ... I came home and got out the weedeater and whacked that offending hair off the top of my feet!

2. My legs aren't as young as they use to be. I've worked retail before. I wasn't this tired after working retail in my 20's. Now I have comfy shoes that aren't cool, and my feet still hurt. I come home after work, take 2 advil and play on the computer for a bit and hit the sack. I swear, those girls at work are going out after working and wearing cute shoes all the time! ha!

3. The crock pot is my best friend. yep. Sorry girls. You've been replaced. :) As long as Hubby doesn't get tired of having pot roast once a week, he's getting it. I actually put a pot roast in the crock pot this morning too. It's good. It's healthy. It's easy. And we all get a hot meal without me having to cook for an hour before I go to work retail and hurt my legs and hairy feet. :)

4. Working three jobs makes it hard to quilt or paint! But I really am just waiting on a first check so that I can go and buy some border fabric for my batik throw quilt. :)

I have to give a Memorial Speech this coming Sunday. I'm nervous. Do you think I could just ask them to all shut their eyes and pretend I'm not there? Or could I just post a blog on the presentation screen and let them all read my speech instead? :)

Later!
M

No comments: