Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A hitch in my stitch!

Chinese Coins quilt - crib size - not for sale


Well, there is a hitch in my stitch! My sewing machine had to be taken in for service today, and it wont be ready until the end of next week.

My sewing machine is a Singer with the standard different stitch options...buttonhole, zig zag, etc. I think it has about 8-10 different stitches. I got this machine as a Christmas present the first year my husband and I got married. After 11 years, I guess it finally needed a good cleaning!

So my work on my new quilt is on hold. I'm anxious to get my sewing machine back and get started! I had sewed two strip sets and the seams were working out great and the mesurements were exactly what they need to be.

The quilt shown in the picture above is my first quilt. I made this one after seeing the pattern in a magazine. The original quilt was very pastel and soft. But I'm just not a pastel sort of person, and when I made the quilt for my son....I wanted bright, happy colors! And it is exactly how this quilt looks...bright and happy.

No comments: