Thursday, November 16, 2006

Quilt Fabric Arrived!

-photo copyright Michelle Ford 2006-
photo may not be reprinted or copied without permission from photographer

Earlier in the week I ordered a bundle of fat quarters, reproduction fabric on eBay. I got the fabric today and it's beautiful! It reminds me of the fabric that my grandmother and great-grandmother used. I'm going to make a wash day stars quilt with these. I'm so excited about the project!

I also have several watercolors sketched out, and now I just need to start on one of them. The one that I'm most interested in is a painting inspired by a photograph I took at the local farmers market several summers ago. My daughter and I had gone early one morning to get some tomatoes and peaches. There was a beautiful table full of red, ripe tomatoes. I had my camera and took a few quick shots of them. I'm sure that the vendors thought I was crazy taking pictures of food! The tomatoes ended up being delicious, and so did the photograph!

No comments: