Friday, November 17, 2006

Starch and Composition

copyright 2006 Michelle Ford

One of the parts of quilting that I love, is preparing the fabric. As my son was playing (on the other side of the gate!) I got out the ironing board, starch and my new 1930's reproduction fabric that I purchased on eBay. The first piece I ironed was a beautiful pink floral. Then I was ready to starch another piece, a lovely red and white stripe, and all that came out of the can of spray starch was white foam! Argh! Just when I had the time, and my son was happy playing.... I ran out of starch! Granted, this can is about six years old. :) Does that mean I don't iron much...or that I don't starch much? All bets should be on the first choice.

So I've now got a new can of starch....and it cost me $30. Well, not really...but by the time I was finished at Wal-Mart I had spent $30 on a whole cart of stuff and I had only really gone in to get the starch.

I've written the word starch more times than I've used it on clothing... ha ha ha.

The more I look at the picture from yesterday, the more I question the composition. I have another picture from that day, that is a closer shot. I'll add it on the post. I can't decide which composition I like better.

No comments: