Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sew Delicious!!

I rented time at our local quilt store on the Gammill quilt machine today, and worked on my king size Wash Day Stars quilt. The quilting is complete, and all that is left is to attach the yellow binding strips. I'll get a close up picture of the quilt tomorrow.


I'm very tickled to have gotten this so close to being finished! It's only the second quilt that I've done. You can see my first quilt here. I have the best intentions to not leave quilt projects half done. It's affordable to rent the Gammill quilt machine ($20/hr) and I have the self satisfaction of knowing that I completed the quilt completely by myself..... machine pieced and quilted by lil' ole' me! (well, little'r)

Here is a picture of my quilt top attached to the quilting machine.
I am really excited about having such a wonderful quilt store so close. Of course, it probably is bad news for my checking account! I figure, though, we all have our hobbies ..... my husband loves his motorcycle and is intently looking for an "around town work truck" to buy. How much harm can I be with doing a little quilting here and there. At least it's made in the U.S.A!

No comments: