Saturday, September 15, 2007

Two blocks down, seven to go


It's football season, so what better way to describe my quilting endeavors than football'ish terms!! ha ha .. Don't you know every football man fan would cringe if they heard the word "footballish" and quilts in the same sentence!


But seriously, I've got two blocks down and only seven to go. I swear, when I get them all done ... I may run through the house with my hands held above my head screaming "TOUCHDOWN! QUILT COMPLETE!" and then I can throw down my seam ripper and do a little funky dance just like the boys do. Naaaaaaahhhh, I'll just quietly snap some pictures and post them on my blog and call my Mom. :)


Not only is quilting addictive, but apparently it can be contagious! My mom has sworn that she was NOT going to make a quilt. She was not interested in it at all. Yet, she would enjoy seeing what I was working on as I was learning to quilt. Then, the next stage in her contagious quilting sickness was that one day she wanted to borrow all my quilt magazines! tteehhheee... I knew she had the fever then. The next step was that all the sudden I realized that she was buying her OWN quilt magazines and sharing them with ME! I've heard a vicious rumor that she's got a quilt pattern picked out, and is patiently waiting on payday and some free time to escape to the quilt store to get some fabric and get started.


Of course, it's only fair that I can infect her with this quilt fever. You see, not long ago I was asking to borrow her Beading magazines .... and had previously sworn that I was not interested in beading/jewelry. Now I happen to have the cutest collection of beaded bracelets and necklaces that you could imagine ..... and I let my mom borrow my Bead magazines.


Be careful out there ... you never know what you'll catch next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Sunshine and don't forget when you got me interested in parrots and I ended up with a blue fronted amazon parrot for years....and he would scream to the top of his lungs. Then there was the time you got me interested in .....and so it goes.
Mom

Dawn said...

Your quilt is gorgeous so far! I envy you for having the patience to take on the task of completing something so beautiful and timeless..