Friday, September 28, 2007

Wash and Wear


After having my new king sized quilt on our bed for a few days, I've reached a decision. I love the quilt.....Hate it on my bed! I guess I love the look of a nice fluffy, high thread count (or silk!) comforter. Unfortunately I can't afford that right now. I also couldnt stand the feel of the quilt because it was needing that first good wash!


I'm hoping that the quilt will wash and wear beautifully. It's on low delicate in cold water in the washing machine, and then I may let it low tumble in the dryer for a little bit before I lay it out to dry. I'll try and remember to take a picture of it once it's dry. For now, though, here's a picture of the outer border of the quilt before it was washed.


I wonder if other people worry about the first wash of a quilt they've made? I can just picture it unraveling, puckering, fading, colors running and shrinking in various fabrics all over. Nice picture, huh! My fingers are crossed that it comes out looking nice and well worn.


No comments: