Tuesday, September 11, 2007


<------ This was made in the U.S.A.
hahaha.. I just couldn't resist saying that. Actually, I should check to see where the material was made at, but the block was assembled by cheap southern labor. :) It's a shame to call oneself cheap, isn't it? I should change that to frugal southern workforce.... hahaaa.
This is a new quilt that I've started this week. The picture is of one block, and I only have 8 more to put together! This will be a nice throw size quilt, approximately 60in x 60in. I've had quite a bit of trouble with the angles and pieces matching up point to point .... but I quickly got over being anal retentive and just dived right into placing colors and sewing. It's not perfect, obviously, but I'm tickled with it overall and I think that the finished quilt will be interesting. Nothing to enter into the State Fair, of course, but nifty to me!
Thursday I'll use the longarm quilting machine at the local quilt store and quilt my the king sized quilt top that I finished recently. I can't wait to snuggle up under it this winter! I'll post a picture of it when I'm done.
I did some research and found that a lot of Step2 products/toys are manufactured in the U.S.A. Good thing to know!


No comments: