Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Day

This is our Thanksgiving Day lunch. We had 7 people here, and my brother had to work and wasn't able to be here ... but we loaded up a large tupperware container full of food for him when he gets back in!



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I cooked the whole spread and I love doing it! I love planning the meal (which, is the same each year..haha) and I love planning out the time frame of when I need to start each dish. I love setting my table with my same old dishes, that dont all match ... and my cute serving dishes that I got at our wedding 13 years ago ... and my new wal-mart red table cloth. It was fun to create a large meal and have my family come over to eat with us.

Happy was sweet, and told me "Man this is good Mom! You did good!" And my nephew, who is 10 tomorrow!, ate more than I've seen him eat in a long while! He praised my cooking too. I love feeding those two boys!


After lunch, the boys played outside and created some art for me....


My nephew created the one above.



My son created the one above ... it says Mom. My nephew said that Happy wrote it himself... but I'm thinking he must have had some help!


I think this sums up how I feel. All done. :)


I'm so thankful for my family. I'm thankful for being able to have a large meal, a home to cook it in and all my old dishes and stuff that I take for granted every day. I'm thankful Happy and my Nephew are healthy and happy and full of energy. I'm thankful that I've got the best group of friends ever. Heck, I'm just thankful to be here!





No comments: