Monday, November 10, 2008

One minute to write

I found this site tonight: http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/ and thought it was interesting.

The daily prompt for a minute of writing is, What is your favorite place in your home?

Here goes... start the timer!

My favorite place in my home is either our living room or our kitchen ... and certainly not because of the furniture or the decorating! I love those places in our home, when they are full of Us! I love the rooms because they contain our spirit and love. These rooms are comfortable and warm in the evening. These rooms are Home.

Time's up!

Speaking of decorating ... I bought the cutest red, glittery Merry Christmas sign to go on my mantle. I LOVE that darn sign... well, it's really wooden letters? Anywhooo.. I'm tickled to start decorating for Christmas! And I never decorate for Christmas until the week before!

Hand, foot and mouth disease was in my classroom today. Sigh. We sent the poor boy out as soon as we saw what he had. But I sure hope the damage isn't done and that all my poor 2 yr old's (and Happy in the other class) have gotten it. I'm watching Happy closely, and will be looking at each little one this week to check for signs of it.

The good news is that we're out of school Thurs and Friday for teacher work days! Whoo hoo!

Tonight I made chicken and vegetable stir fry with white steamed rice. It was delish! Tomorrow will either be hot dogs and home made chili or home made taco's and cheese dip (velveeta and rotel).

Later!

No comments: