Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Terrible Twos and Terrible Threes

A throw size quilt top that's been finished for a while. I have some fancy bamboo batting, and a pretty red batik for the backing..... but no time to quilt it. I may just do an easy diagonal on it using my home machine. I just want to use it in my living room during the winter, so it doesnt have to be fancy!

I've always said that I think that the terrible two's are NOTHING compared to the Three's. As Happy is fast approaching Three, it's becoming more and more evident that my theory holds true for him as well. :)

My preschool class was a mess today. We had 16 two year olds (some are almost 2 and some are almost 3) ... and it's the week before a good long Thanksgiving break. I dont know if they are just tired of the everyday routine and I need to change things up a bit? Or are they just tired, period, and the everyday routine is a good stable thing in their lives? I tend to lean towards keeping things the same each day, but adding some new behavior management techniques.

I feel like I probably need a new behavior management technique for myself sometime. Wouldnt it be nice if we could just decide that we needed a change in our routine, and it is magically accomplished and everyone obliged us and did things a new way? :)

It helps to look back at Happy's baby picture in the post below, and remember that he's still just little ... and he'll only be little for such a short while. And all those little ones in my class, are just special and little for a short while too.

Heck, tomorrow .... we're going to play with Shaving Cream on the tables! :)


No comments: